View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Imperialkid
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure thing Teddy, although I only have a few pics now. I was home on leave (Hoorah) in Wyoming and started cleaning it up and inspecting it. I hope to have it here in Oklahoma where I am stationed soon. I am really torn right now as to my plans for the pickup. I am sure there will be support and opposition. I wanted to keep appearance and paint as original, but update the pickup with later model goodies. I planned on a Crown Vic IFS, and the drivetrain from a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII (290 hp 4.6L, DOHC, 32V, V-8 with 4 speed OD tranny, and IRS system). I have access to the Mark VIII, but still need to locate the Crown Vic IRS. The interior was going to get late model pickup buckets with a jumper seat, but otherwise appear original. I also have a big back window cab with the floors rusted out that I was going to take the whole back panel off of from the roof seam down. I am now leaning towards a true, correct, restoration. Decisions, decisions ... Anyways, here are some pics.

As you can see, the Colonial White paint has completely faded off of the hood and top of the bed rails. The firewall and underhood still have the Colonial White present.

The interior is also Colonial White and has a faded red-ish/orange-ish bench seat. This pickup also had door panels and kick panels. I obviously have not seen every 57, but I haven't seen one yet that had door panels - just all metal ones. Also, inside the dispatch box, it has a trac-loc plate for the axle.

Here is the Rating Plate. John from LoveFords said he has not seen one like this that spells out Trans and Axle, but then again, he is mostly familiar with the factories on the other coast where he is from. This truck was built in San Jose.

Steve: Yes, some of the trucks are decent. That is where I got a solid bed and the big back window cab from. He has one F600 cab that is 95% solid from what I can tell. The floors, step plates and risers are all good, cab corners are rusted, but not too bad. Thanks again all!!