View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:27 AM
OldStyle
Rusty Roller
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by meborder

Regarding the hot air tube ....
invert it or turn it around? I've never seen one done right, so i'm not sure exactly which way it should face, or what it should look like.

Would i even need to mess with it with converting it over to the 12v cap? Or by doing that am i simply getting it back the way ford had it to begin with?

My only other concern is if it will catch the high idle like it is supposed to once i replace the cap. Right now it will only catch the first notch, wich isnt enough to keep it running always.

I've just never had to fix a choke before ... everything i've ever owned just worked right....
The hot air tube goes inside the manifold; see 5th pic. I'll link a write-up fmc400 did and you can see it in the pictures. It's for a 2brl but is similar. Great write-up! He's a major contributor to this site and his knowledge is un-surpassed!

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Choke questions answered.

If you don't use the hot air stuff, you will need to find the external tubes, then you can use a 12v cap like I linked to in my first post. Other wise if you return it to factory you can use this one:

Walker Products 102-1008 - Choke Thermostat | O'Reilly Auto Parts

During the adjustment process you will put the choke cam on the proper step and there is a screw you will turn to bring the fast idle up to spec. Not hard to do.

I have been looking for an "on-line" rebuild instructions or pdf file for you but haven't found one yet. My '79 manual is a hard copy and harder to upload.....