View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:07 PM
CKitts
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03' F250 Powerstroke 6.0 - Fuel filter?

I've read quite a bit of these forums over the last few months, and against lots and lots of advice not to, I went ahead and purchased a 6.0.

After 3 weeks, and 3 tanks of gas I picked up my daughter and went to drive out of a parking lot. As I crested the hill the truck stalled out. I immediately tried to turn it over and no luck. It cranked fine, but didn't appear to be getting gas. After several attempts I still didn't smell diesel or hear any change in the engine.

A friend said it could be filters, so I immediately went and replaced both filters. With the crankshaft plug/filter off I turned the key to see if gas would spew. Nothing. After replacing both filters, and putting the plugs back in tight it still wouldn't start.

Last night I read something about checking the fuse for the pump. So first thing this morning, I pulled the fuse, it looked fine so I replaced it. The truck started right up and ran for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes I turned it off, then tried again.. no go. It turns over but sounds like no gas is getting to it.

3 hours later I was told to put 5 gallons of diesel in the tank and put a new fuse into the fuel pump slot. After doing both it started again fine. Ran for 5 minutes then started to chug and shake like it wasn't getting enough gas. I shut it off and tried again. No luck.

The only other thing I have done in the last week was tie a bazooka tube ground into one of the black grounds that feeds into under the truck. (I really dont' think this is the issue but I'm going to move it now that I"m aware it could be the fuel pump ground).