View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 AM
8iron
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Antique Man
The stuff I read is that payload is 3300 lbs. But I looked on drivers side door pillar and based on six occupants and cargo my "safe" payload is 2339 lbs. If pin weight of fiver is 2100 lbs. and hitch weighs 200 lbs then I am at max capacity assuming I am carrying four other people and some cargo.

What average weight of occupants is assumed?
Maybe someone can give me actual scenario of what extra lbs. I have to play with between hitch pin wt. and payload (either 2339 or 3300 lbs.)
The published payloads of 3300 lbs is for a stripped down version with ONE 150 lb occupant plus full fuel load. Every pound added to that stripper truck is taken away from payload. By the time ac, power doors, windows, sunroof, leather, 4x4 and other option are added your payload is reduced to the number on the door. My f250 lariat, crew cab 4x4 has a payload of 2580lbs according to the door sticker. Pin weight, passengers and luggage should not exceed the payload number. The good news is that your axles,frame and suspension are designed to greater tolerances than the payload number for our f250's so exceeding the payload number is not going to break everything. The illegalities of exceeding GVWR is debatable.