View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 PM
zmanmike
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a salvage-titled 2005 F350. Mine though, was a theft recovery and not a wrecked truck. The dealer I bought it from told me the tires and rims were missing, back seat was missing, andw other things here and there. They were all replaced and I bought it in 'perfect' condition. It was paid off by the insurance company and later recovered and that's why it's branded as salvage. I bought mine to use until it reaches it's useful life. It's got 100k on the clock, so I'll have it for a very long time.

According to my credit union, they only lend half of the NADA value on salvage titled vehicles. At the time of purchase, a clean titled truck like mine was worth $29k per NADA. I used that as a barganing chip and bought mine for $14k.

I think if you are going to buy a salvage titled vehicle it should be based on how long you're going to keep it. It it's a "lifer" purchase then it's a good decision (the truck being mechanically good of course). If you plan on reselling, then it's always going to be worth only half of NADA.