View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Racer5349
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sargemo105
Good to see your dad is a Vikes fan. Tough after a 3-13 season. Keep your fingers crossed for this season. Oh, great truck...I love mine, and the Vikes.
It's almost always tough to be a Vikings fan. It can only get better.

Originally Posted by biz4two
Looks like you took excellent care of your '97...very nice rig. Of course...the 2012...is sweet too! Congrats!

Definitely a thumbs Up to your Dad...for his 35 years of service to the FORD family!

Oh yeah...let the mods begin. Oh wait...you already have that covered! LOL!

biz
I did work hard to take good care of it. That's why I was so disappointed when I realized how bad the rust was underneath. Getting this new truck wasn't so much about getting a new truck as it was about getting rid of the old one before a major disaster happened. That's why I also bought out of dealer stock rather than order and wait.

Filled up for the first time yesterday and averaged just under 12. Pretty good for the 10 mile drive to work that I have. After filling up I headed out on the highway to pick up my bed rails and mud flaps that came in. I actually saw 14+ on the gauge for a while. I can live with it just fine.

Putco bed rail bars. I had these on the '97 and loved 'em. They hold up extremely well w/o much maintenance.

Weathertech no-drill mudflaps fit really nice and obviously, no drilling.

Changed out the antennae to a shorter one. I have about 1" of roof clearance with my short garage door. The stock one would bend and twang really bad. I like the little skiulls and have them on a lot of my stuff.

I want to get the spray in bed-liner done yet and I need to order a new frame for my plow and then I'm just gonna drive it.