Thread: LineX Question
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonyplane
I had the Ford factory "ToughBed" spray liner ordered for my 2012 F250 lariat. Looks good. Have only had a few 1300lb wood pallets pushed into the bed. Absolutely no indications of any sprayed in liner distress. So far glad I ordered it. Hope it holds up.
It will probably be fine for you, but there are advantages to an aftermarket bedliner, I'll use LINE-X as a comparison:

1. ToughBed is about 60 to 65 mils thick which is about half the thickness of LINE-X. So, it's fine for a slip resistant surface, but it's not going to provide much impact protection.

2. ToughBed has a 3 year/36K mile warranty. LINE-X has a limited lifetime warranty.

3. If you ever develop a problem with ToughBed, the dealer can't fix it. And, the original product is not available. If you develop a problem with a LINE-X bedliner, you can get it fixed at any LINE-X dealer nationwide and you can obtain the original product.

4. ToughBed is only available in aromatic black, LINE-X offers color matches as well as black (both aromatic and aliphatic).