View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:14 AM
joeyo67
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
checking in - (I did not abandon the post). Thanks Johnny Law and Chuck S.! My neighbor is a Tahoe owner and he refrenced how he tows with his Tahoe.

I have been driving my set up for the first time this week, specifically to familierize myself with towing, using side roads and some main roads to better learn the feel of towing and listening to the engine. I can hear shifting while driving, but my practce has been limited to flat and some curvy roads, no incline or descents nearby unfortunately. The Hensley Arrow hitch is great so far, but speeds have been only up to 45MPH so far. I can hear the up and downshifts in Tow/Haul mode using only D (Drive), so its consistant with Johnny Law's comments.

yesterday I dropped off the TT for some warranty work and had a quick discussion with one of their service guys. He said the Expy's Trailer Anti Sway feature might conflict with the break controller and tow hitch. Meaning that the Expy might be breaking more and unneccessarily, but that I should read up on it as he wasn't 100% on his advice.

In my Expy set up I have the Trailer Anti Sway and Load-leveling Air Suspension ON, I have a Prodigy P2 controller and the Hensley Arrow hitch. As soon as I get back onthe road with the TT, I plan on getting my family and I over to the weigh station to check out all the numbers. I want to make certain I also have my weights in check.

On anothoer forum site discussing a similer topic, I found this statement and wanted to ask your thoughts -

Note you want the tongue weight to be about 13% of the FULLY LOADED TT weight. Ignore the manufactutrers pipe dreams on tongue weight.

With an Expedition, be sure you watch your rear GAWR. It will take some proper WD hitch adjustment to keep it under the spec when towing.

Thanks Joe