Thread: 302 vs 351w
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Nick_lebbad
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by '89F2urd
couldnt agree more with the ranking and the reasoning. the only reason i like the 302 over the 300 is the v8 sound. i, too, respect the 302. i see plenty of small trucks that i think "347 candidate".

im a gm car fan also, but there is a lot to respect about the SBF's. i wouldnt ever say so much about any modular to date, but the SBF's are great motors. . .and beside cost (always more expensive than bowtie) there are tons of advantages of either 302 or 351 over a small block chevy. before the LS1 came about, the 351w was the stroker king - easily cresting 400 cube mark where SBC owners rarely achieved. the 347 is an excellent candidate for a swap into something small, where a 351w or a SBC even would be a tight squeeze. they all have their advantages, and im a fan of all with that recognition. LS1>SBF>SBC>Modular
more of a fan of the 3.8 turbo charged grand national to be quite honest=p altho i did have an iroc with a 350 in part of my highschool career.. if i could afford a grand national i would own one for sure.. just can't find one to fit my budget..