Thread: 56 f500
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
56 kid
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parts

so as im going over my options i am thinking about keeping it original, rebuilding the motor, and putting a box on it but who knows trying to find parts for this truck has the parts department here telling me good luck with no results, so i ask where i can find parts looking for replacement rims same 5 lug bolt pattern but not split rims and brake drums, shoes, and adjusters, been trying to work on it at night to get it running but since someone quite a day after i got the truck im working 11.5 hr days so time is minimal right now,
got the engine turning over but wouldnt start, replaced starter solenoid, turned over strong and the starter stuck so i will try and free that up tonight. i have alot of work to do but have all the resources at my disposal.
i still cant beleive that the ford dealership i work at has no info for me on this,
wiring diagrams would be great as well as any place to get parts.
1956 ford f500 272 2v single carb light duty 4speed synconized with 5.83 rear
end 22.5 in rims built in twin citys ( i bought it 30 min from there ) original color yellow i was wondering also it has 2 * symbols in the lower right hand side of the id tag. truck makes 143 hp at 4000rps