View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
I respectfully disagree with your handling of the blown head gaskets and with your view of the potential warranty issues.

The following is just MY OPINION: With regards to the blown gaskets, you basically stole money from Ford. Taking the system off after the event was your attempt to cover up your mistake because you knew it was wrong. Your modifications caused the failure; you should have paid the full amount.

With regard to the after market intake, Ford (not the dealer) will deny the claim (it has never been the dealer's option as the dealer is not paying for the repair). There have already been Special Service Messages to dealer shops regarding modifications to the EB engine how ANY modifications will void the engine warranty.

Ford has way too much invested in the EB engine to allow high warranty claims.

End of my opinion.
I respectfully disagree with you.....

Originally Posted by tvsjr
I agree 100%. You play, *you* pay. And you didn't steal money from Ford - you stole it from Ford's customers - i.e. us. Paying warranty claims on problems not caused by Ford's design just results in inflated prices for the rest of us.
and with you sir.

I personally see no reason for any drive train related after market mods. You want it to last, leave it be. Ford tunes all of it's equipment to achieve optimal MPG's, power and durability. It's been proven over the years that if you mess with that, you either pay with no results or things break.

Ford is going to break our ***** on warranty claims anyway. It's a growing trend and I've seen it from the superduty trucks to the F-150's.