View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
77_150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We bought our XLT at the end of the summer and have been overall very pleased. The electronics (mysync and mytouch) can be a challenge - mine needs to be re-booted every now and again. Sometimes the backup camera will not come on when placed into reverse. The system spends forever syncing a phone that is not present. These are all pretty much issues that will/can be resolved with a software/firmware upgrade and Ford has that planned. There is a new update to the entire system and your dealer can do it or you can request Ford send a USB update.

As far as non "computer" issues - we have 11k miles on it and the vehicle has been wonderful. The ride is great, the interior is well appointed and I am 6'0'' and the middle seats are plenty roomy enough. The 3rd row not so much, but I will not likely ever ride back there anyways.

One thing I did do was to purchase a Husky liner for the back to protect the carpet. Means that you loose the 3rd seat when it is in, but I am ok with that since it is just the wife and me.

Overall our Explorer has been wonderful and I am happy that I was able to buy "American" again