View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:29 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner
Received 606 Likes on 544 Posts
Originally Posted by oregon60

I am becoming more sold on the alternator conversion by the moment due to it seeming like a quicker/long term fix, in addition to possibly dumping any more money into this gen/reg system currently or in the future seeing that both were replaced 4 years ago, and being plenty confused about the situation and where i have gotten so far with it.

The local carquest has a one wire ford alternator for 75 bucks and the part # is 7058..? any thoughts? I really don't like giving up on things especially that i have installed a new regulator but I need it to work ASAP and I feel a little over my head seeing as I am no further than where I started. Thanks Again for taking time to respond, It is appreciated!
Regarless how many Buzzards are flying around California with a Delco alternator, it dosen't mean that it is a more permanent fix. Ten to fiffteen years ago maybe I would agree with you on that point. But now most if not all alternators that you will by for $75 will come from China or Mexico and you had better save your reciept. Take your time and figure out what the root cause is and you will not regret it.
Sounds like your generator output needs to be verified.