Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hear ya, Mike. I'm not offended. Good points. I wonder if maybe there was someway to make it a Federal crime to manufacture/sell/use Meth, if that would help curb the epidemic ?....

I was also rolling around the idea in my head of an electronic sniffer to help find the meth makers. I'm sure the epa uses sophisticated equipment to test air quality in certain areas. How much more effort would it take to modify it to sense an exhorbadant amount of combined chemical ingredients used in meth? I could imagine a handheld sensor or one that clips onto the patrol car window and when it senses so many excess ppm of the mixed chemicals that it would give off an alarm indication of nearby manufacturing? Is that just a crazy off the wall idea or what?

Or how about if the local or state law enforcement offered up reward money to anonymous tips to catch meth makers in the act? Wouldn't the enticement of money get more witnesses/bystanders to come forward to get the reward money? (I just cant see how neighbors wouldn't smell that stuff being made next door to them. In the news reports they make it sound like it puts out a very foul and strong obvious odor. Is that true?)