Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 PM
paulcalif
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need your Help - Blend Door Actuator Issue

99 F250 Superduty Crewcab, V10. Heater stuck on hot. Fan works fine and I can direct the hot air to the correct areas (floor, vents, defrost). I've been through the forums and was pretty sure I needed a new Blend Door Actuator. Pulled the actuator off and put a 1/4" socket extension into the top of the blend door. It moves freely. While the blend door actuator was out, I moved the temperature control rheostat, but the actuator didn't move. Pulled the **** on the rheostat temp controller and it was fine. I'd like to test the rheostat but I don’t know how to pull it out. I guess I could jury rig a couple of connectors, or put pins through the wires, but if it’s easy to remove, I would rather do that. I purchased a used Actuator on ebay and it doesn’t work either (connectors were GREEN with corrosion, cleaning didn’t help). At the actuator there are five wires. I get 12V. across two of them, but don’t know what else I am looking for. Could really use some help trying to figure this out. The dealer wants a lot of money for a new actuator, hench the used ebay part. I've messaged the "partsguyed" and I'm waiting for a reply. Forgot to mention, I check the fuse that protects the blend door actuator, it's fine. I also check ALL of the fuses inside the cab.

Thanks in advance, Paul