View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
One of the things that I use is the "folders" tool in the CP as well. If you click on your "view all subscribed threads" you'll open up a page that has at the top of the list "subscribed threads in folder" box with a drop down menu. Inside that drop down, I've got a bunch of folders of different subjects that I want to keep as references that have to do with my particular generation of truck:

E4OD & related tranny issues.
Front suspension repair & tech
Interior repair & upgrades
Mass-air conversions
Trouble shooting EEC codes
Fuel system & tanks
Steering columns & dash issues...

A place for any informational thread that I might need in the future or want to send or post as a link in another thread when someone has a question & needs info. It saves doing a bunch of searching and sifting a whole lot of non-related info later.

Just create the folders for subjects you need. Then as you read the forums & come across a thread you need, click on the "thread tools" button at the top right of the page of the thread you are reading. Click on it & scroll down to the "subscribe to this thread" button which will open that folder menu & put that thread where you need it.

When you need that info in the future, or a nubie comes along to ask an identical question for the ten thousandth time, you can have that info close at hand. Then you can either use the "quote" function & copy & paste the info in answer or just post a link.