View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 01:24 AM
horsecop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Duty CB Mounting Location

I looked on the forum a couple of months ago for the best possible location to mount a CB radio. Just couldn't handle the thought of drilling holes in that high dollar plastic. Hanging it upside down, loosing leg room etc. I had to drop my horse trailer off on the other side of the state to have it worked on and missed having "ears". When I got back I decided to go a head and put the radio back in but was back to my original delima. There's not a good place to put one in my truck! So one day this week I sat there looking around the interior, no alcohol was not involved, and noticed the four cup holders. Question. Why are there four cup holders? Then the light bulb went off! Build a plate, mount the radio to it and set it down on top of the cub holders. So I ordered a 1/4", 15 x 15 sheet of automobile ABS plastic, (stuff that goes in cars) took out the cup holder frames, sketched the frames on the ABS plastic, made the cut with a scroll saw, put everything together making sure of the clearances, then BINGO! I have a decent place for the radio! When it's not being used, it's stowed in the console. I posted a couple of pics in the garage. Hope it helps.