Old 02-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Phinxter
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules
I wish they would just make the whole line a rubber hose. Dealing with a steel line on a 12 year old truck when trying to remove a radiator is a rough task.

Now, I have a question about the tranny fluid running through that cooler. Does it get pumped up through there as soon as you start the engine or does it wait for the engine to warm up? Just curious because most of the time I was checking for leaks the engine wasn't fully warmed up.

Plus, my tranny fluid is right where it's supposed to be on the dipstick when the engine is warmed up, but when the engine is off and cold the dipstick shows it above the crosshatch a little. Is that normal? Is that just because of all the fluid draining back down into the pan from running through the tranny and cooler lines when the engine is on? Just curious, thanks.
I think I would just say to heck with replacing the whole line, I would just get a new fitting and flare the end of the old one and make a small piece for the other end with the new fitting and install a rubber hose between the 2 and call it good. Plenty of cars have just hoses, unless your wanting to do a concours resto.

The fluid is always flowing as stated, it needs to because thats the lube circuit.

The fluid level will rise as the temp rises, oils expand with heat, thats why dipsticks have a full cold and full hot mark, not sure if yours has it though.