View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Marlinman10
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news guy's,
All eight came out with no problems at all. I had six autolites and two Bosch. Both Bosch and one Autolite were the bad ones. The Bosch had been in for 5000 miles and I believe the Autolites had been in for 20,000. I installed the Motorcraft/Beru ZD-9 plugs. The glow light stays on for about 4-5 secs and it started right up. No clicking from the relay. What I was wondering is do you think the light should stay on a little longer? It was a 70 degree day here in San Diego so maybe if it was colder it might stay on longer. If anything weird happens I'm going to replace the controller/relay and be done with it. I didn't check voltage to the glow plug and I'm curious what would be the proper way to do it? Could I pull all the connecters and turn the key on and check all of them or just one at a time and have someone just turn the key on for a sec and then turn off? And also I forgot to mention the light did cycle once after starting and it stayed on for a sec or two. I understand that is normal. Thank you fellows!!

Last edited by Marlinman10; 02-25-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelling