View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:01 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
progress report

Not much progress for a Saturday, but we had lots to do. I did get all the bolts for the 'front clip' loose as well as the hood bolts. As soon as my employee and son show up, we'll lift it all off and then I can get down to the nuts and bolts of how I'm gonna support this 700+ lb engine in there. It helps that the frame is huge. When they started this series of F350 in '53, they used the frame from the F4. The engine mounts on the diesel are about mid way down the block and I'm not sure if I need a crossmember at that point or just mounts between the frame rails. The cummins mounts are rubber isolated and at 45 degrees, so I see a couple of pcs of heavy wall tubing comoing off the frame rails at 45 degrees or should I build a crossmember that spans across the frame and has a 'saddle' on it? It looks like I will support the tail end off the rear of the tranny and that definately means a fabricated crossmember there. I'm jumping the gun here.... I'll get some photos after I have a empty frame. Family members have said I'm just like a kid when I dig into something like this...... Thinking I'll buy the clutch, pressure plate and tob from napa. I'll need that to measure the stuff I need for the slave cyl. Pepperdyne, are you wanting to part with your stuff. But shipping?..........