Old 02-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Here are my experiences with ESOF 4X4, but I don't know if they will apply.
  • I had no 4X4, the vacuum pump never shut off, and the defrost would not switch to floor or anything else.
  • I bypassed the ESOF module and everything but the 4X4 worked like they should.
  • New ESOF module and everything still works, but the 4X4 was intermittent and the defrost problem returned when I tried 4X4.
  • Found the vacuum lines to the hubs were cracked and leaking.
  • I cut the bad section off and there was plenty of hose left to reconnect without replacing.
  • All is right, whole, and complete in the world - I own the snow.
There is an electrical connector on the transfer case, it might be a good idea to pull that off, inspect it, and re-connect it. Sometimes just "swiping" the connector after 11 years of exposure to the elements does a world of good. Maybe you'll find something else just by inspecting it.

I had transmission work done once and the mechanic didn't get the connector for the transmission completely seated. The "Park" signal didn't get to the PCM, so I couldn't engage the starter 200 miles from home in the dark at the hotel. A workcoat, flashlight, and a small screwdriver was all I needed to pull and re-seat the connector and the problem was permanently fixed.