View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:06 PM
LN323
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, it's a 1990 Club Wagon 1/2 ton 5.8L (351W) FI E4OD with about 102,000 original miles. It needs work, but I'm up for it. The body's in pretty good condition along with the interior. I plan to just keep updating, upgrading and improving when I get the time and money.

So far, it's had a full tune-up including full-synthetic oil, filter, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter and air filter. I also figured out what the problem was with the electrical system. It involved replacing one of the two batteries, replacing the serpentine belt, new alternator and new regulator.

I got better after-market rims from a guy on CL (what a great deal) along with new tires. Still need to find the correct center caps.

Bought a new 6-way valve switch to solve the fuel line problem (yeah, it startled me when gas started pouring out from behind the front gas cap.... LOL). However, I haven't installed it yet because I'm thinking about modifying my gas tank configuration (different thread under the van section).

Still have lots to do before I feel like it's ready for the road. I plan on doing the front and rear brakes, front bearings, new shocks, rear sway bar (currently doesn't have one), LSD rear, better rear leaf springs, alignment, new 3" stainless steel cat-back exhaust system, big oil cooler, big tranny cooler, new driving lights and yellow fog lights and so on.

I'm even thinking about rooftop A/C like an RV! Not sure about this mod yet.