View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 AM
japaleno
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated Seat upgrade

I have an '01 F250 CC, Platinum Edition, VIN 1FTNW21F11EC53447,apparently even this didn't come with heated seats, power yes, heated no. This is my first vehicle with leather seats, now I know why they make heaters for them!
Thinking I could just buy the needed items, like the seat wire harness, the switch, the heater elements, the heater control module, etc...... plug and play, right? wrong.... The main issue is the connection between the harness and the heater control module. The harness is a 12 pin connector and the module is a 10 pin connector I know/understand the connection between the truck and the wire harness doesn't match (4pin to 8pin) but in the scheme of things, no big deal.

The wire harness has a p/n of 1C3Z-14A699-DA
The module is YL14-14C724-AA (I think that's the engineering #, but is still correct).
I've taken both of these to my local dealership and they have told me 'yep, they're right', but still don't understand why they don't plug into each other. When I asked what they would do if I brought the truck in to have them do this, they said.... ummmm we'd probably 'hard-wire' it .... Yeah.. I haven't been back there.....

I've spoke to Ed several times and he even put an inquire into FMC, but said he couldn't get any information back.

First question.. These are the correct P/N's? If so, why don't they work??? I understand that FMC doesn't like to help too much with modifying things. But if the truck had heated seats and I needed to replace these two parts for whatever reason, they should still work with each other???? Am I making any sense at all?? The harness has connectors for the motors (2ea) the heating elements (2ea) and the heater switch, they all match up and connect.

I hate like heck to pitch everything and go with aftermarket seeing as how I have several hundred $$$ invested already. I just wanted to have the OEM look. Yeah, hind-sight I would have went with aftermarket.

I have searched the threads, but haven't found anyone having a similar issue. If I've overlooked a post, please let me know.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks all