View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:33 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm going through a similar ordeal now with my 215. I had the machine shop tell me exactly what I need and then called Green Sales Co., Green Sales Company - Obsolete Ford parts, Lincoln, Mercury parts Green Sales Company, supplier of obsolete Ford parts and Lincoln / Mercury parts.* Our Ford parts inventory represents all Ford and Lincoln / Mercury products from 1950 to the present.. They carry a lot of obsolete and NOS parts. I was able to get everything from them, except for three .060 pistons, main bearings set and an oil pump. The complete engine overhaul gasket set is readily available from Mac's, DC or Sac Vintage Ford. I have about $600 into parts for this engine. Half of the price is for three pistons, main bearings set and an oil pump from EGGE. The rest was purchased from Green Sales, and I already had the engine gasket kit.

Kanters also sells complete engine overhaul kits. They have three levels of kits available depending on what you need. They're kind of pricey, though. FORD ENGINE PARTS

Like Col. Flashman's engine, I, too, am hot-rodding mine slightly. I already have a 2x Offy intake with two Holley 1904 glass bowl carbs, as well as an Offy valve cover. Since I can't locate a good and not cracked original exhaust manifold for my 52 215, I plan on getting a set of either Patriot or Clifford headers.