View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Super79CS
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

I will admit I do not spend a whole lot of time online, as I am always outside working on something or another...the life of a mechanic and homeowner...need I say more?

A bit about me...Hi, my name is Bryan, 32, and I'm from Beavercreek, and I'm an addict. I may not be very old, but I have seen a lot of miles and places. I grew up all over the world, my dad being an enlisted man...but the majority of places we stayed at was Alabama, Germany, and here in Oregon, where I plan on stayin!

I have been a Ford man all my life. Heck, when i was born, i was brought home in a 79 Bronco XLT special edition!! ya know, the one with the rag top and all the funky Orange and Red stripes...ya, that one. I have a real old pic on my wall of it! It was my dads pride and joy, and it is always a fun conversation piece, as it was the only Bronco you would ever find in Germany in the 80s. (he had it shipped over in the Military). I spent my younger yrs in the pass seat of my dads 76 F150 and My first truck was a 77 F250HB, and I have had several variations of older Fords between then and now.
This was my most recent Ford up until a year ago.

96 PSD, "Highboy" suspension from F350, SAS D60, ARB Front, Truetrac rear, TS 6 position Tuner, CAI, straightpiped, Banks DP,Banks TransCommand, Rear Disc conversion....

AND I TRADED all that for THIS....

My current project, a 1979 F250 4x4 SuperCab Ranger XLT Camper Special (minus the tractor), which has been THE worst deal I have EVER made in my life to date...but that is another long story altogether. At least I kept my wheels/tires! I just keep telling myself, you have to make some sacrifices to get what you you want, right?
Its kinda funny actually, as I typed this post, I checked my calendar, and it has been exactly a year ago yesterday...

and yea, it looks nice on the outside. it does have a good body, but that's about the only thing its got going for it. I have plans, though...including a Diesel swap of which I am getting started on this weekend. which is what brought me to this Forum in the first place...and I got to hangin around and figured, what the heck...might as well join and document my fun!

and then there's my other personality...the one that is totally infatuated by VW's of all kinds. yup...got a few of them..like rabbits, they are (no pun intended)

oh and in case you haven't noticed, I am a bit of a winded talk....er.....typer...

Thanks, ya'll!