Thread: 89 F150 302 EFI
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2001, 07:19 PM
amsnss
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89 F150 302 EFI

Hey all. I have an 89 F1 with a 302 EFI system. My problem is: When I start the truck, it runs fine until it warms up. Going down the road everything is great until I have to stop. It starts loping big time and sometimes dies. It's even worse with the A/C on. Sometimes just bumping the gas a little corrects the problem, other times I have to sit and hold the gas a little to keep it running. I thought it may be a vacuum leak, but I got the truck up to operating temp and with it running sprayed some carb cleaner all around the intake and vacuum lines and it never changed the Idle. I have replace the O2 sensor, IAC valve, EGR valve, throttle position sensor, changed plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button and even had my catalyic converter checked just for the heck of it and nothing is helping. Wondering if it could be the mass airflow sensor or just something internally. Also, when I am stoped and it runs rough and lopes, the oil pressure drops or dances back and forth. Any ideas?