View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I particularly notice when the small yellow Daffodils come out - they are my first indicator that winter is moving to a close.

I don't trust it until I see larger trees and bushes begin to bud out; which they are doing in my area. It's better to observe nature for hints about the coming season, there seems to be a lot of good results by those who pay attention to nature as opposed to almanacs!

I am also going to have a lot more green leefy stuffs this year, they did so well all on their own last year that I have modified my basic plan because of it!!!

I had what I believe must have been an endive last year that didn't bolt until just at the end of autumn. It had a peppery flavor that went well with bacon and vinegar with garlic salt

Seed from various kinds has drifted all over the garden, but I know what they are now and transplant them once they reach good size to a special spot reserved for:

"Leafynessezzz"

Nothing on earth is prettier than a group of different lettuces and such all growing together in many colors...