View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My honest opinion, is that to do what your thinking, literally the only stock part in the engine bay will be the block.

Why not grab a 6.0 or a 6.4 engine, and then build it the way you want? Either of those engines will make the power your looking for with way less work. Then you can also easily run a transmission that will do what you want.

Are you trying to keep it all mechanical? Maybe a DT360 would be your cup of tea ?

I realise your stuck on the IDI 7.3, and heck i love that engine myself, but realistically, to push 500 HP, is there going to be a single stock part on it? Wouldn't it make more sense for such a drastic power jump to go into an engine configuration that will last longer and be more suited to dealing with that kind of power?

Didn't the 7.3 IDI already have borderline heat issues? Are you going to have one-off heads designed, cast, and machined ? My point is just that it seems like a lot of work and money.

Not saying it can't be done, just you also said you want it to be a daily driver as well, which really limits, IMHO being able to do this with mechanical injection, and have it run clean and streetable.

How much do you expect this to cost, from start to finish?

Even with the mods you listed, I'd think 300-350 HP would be much more realistic if you want this thing to last a while.