View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:28 PM
beefcake
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "Dark Assassin"

This is our 2012 Ford Raptor Project Truck.

It has been dubbed "The Dark Assassin" as it will be "killing" opponents in the 2012 NMRA Drag Racing Series.

First I want to thank our sponsors that are helping to make this race season possible.

Stainless Works Exhaust, Dyno Jet Racing, Wicked Performance Shop, Finish Line Performance, and Evolution Performance.

We will be performing many upgrades to the truck including exhaust, tune, as well as some trick bumpers by Wicked Performance Shop | Off Road Ford F150 Raptor Parts | Bumpers | Hitch | Nerf Bars | Custom Fabrication | Race Vehicles

Stay tuned to our page for ongoing performance updates as well as our standings in the 2012 NMRA Drag Racing Series.

You can follow our build at The Dark Assassin

I will try to keep the build thread very well updated here too.

A couple stock pictures except for the front window tint.

One of the first things that's always good with a truck is a spray in bedliner. We chose Line-X just because of their quality, reputation, and warranty.

After that it was off to Doghouse Racing for a baseline dyno on the truck.
Dyno pulls needed to be done in 3rd gear as the truck will hit the factory speed limiter in 4th ending your pull well before the top of the RPM range.

The truck laid down 323 rwhp on the dyno. Torque came in at 354 ft/lbs.
Just to see if the stock filter was a restriction, we popped the top of the airbox to see how it would affect the truck.

The truck picked up 2 rwhp to 325. The thing that was interesting, is the a/f richened up from 12.6 to 12.1/2 range.

This leads us to believe that a good flowing air kit, along with a tune to recalibrate the a/f should yield a good 15 rwhp or so.

Here is the dyno video

Up next will be a full Stainless Works Exhaust system. We went with the Stainless Works Headers and catted x pipe. We also opted for the S-Tube mufflers as well. Part # LMF which stands for Loud Mother .... Well, you get the idea!

Here are a few shots of the exhaust.

My buddy was real happy at how "free flowing" the exhaust appeared!