Old 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM
firewood truck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andym
I understand not wanting to buy a newer superduty just to get a coil sprung front end, but why won't you consider this option? It sounds like you don't want to do any fabrication, but yet you still want to convert from leafs to coils.
It's not a matter of not wanting to buy a SD, it's a matter of not wanting to spend the money at this time. The conversion I'm trying to discuss is something that might be much more manageable right now. I never said anything about trying to avoid fabrication, I'm just thinking about using existing hardware within this generation of trucks to achieve a certain goal. I've read a few threads that showed the SD axles being stuffed under this generation of trucks, I personally think the conversions aren't very well thought out or engineered, they just look like typical back yard hack jobs.

As far as doing a shackle reversal, I'm not interested in lifting the truck at all, every one of those reversal kits jacks the front end up in the air, that's something I don't want.