Thread: Edge Opinions
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
jeffdoerr
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just bought a SPORT. I was not interested in the SEL or Limited, as I just sold my Mercedes ML500 Sport and did not want a "plain" looking ride. The Sport is a great package, I love the grill and the wheels make a great appearance. I dont know about other years, the 2012 Sport has a 3.7 in it, and dang, its quick. I opted for FWD, saves me 2-4 MPG, and its quieter in the cabin. I drove a few AWD units and did not care for the extra noise, expense, fuel consumption. We live in rural Michigan, and know all about snow, ice, mud. There are no reservations about this vehicle, it handles great in all conditions, especially if you can find how to turn off the traction control. Its my wifes car, lady driven to work and back, shopping, etc. Very roomy, very comfortable. But I HATE the My Ford Touch portion. Aside from that, the paddle shifters work well, and automatically switch the dash to tach mode when you use them.

You will have some options to weigh, as I did:
--moon roof is expensive, and I dont like them, but the black roof looks sweet.
--AWD is nice option, but if the weather is that bad, then dont go out. If you do go out, be smart and have your headlights on so people can see you coming. The FWD handles great and will keep a smart person from going where they are not supposed to.
--Sport option was worth every penny for me. Just like my Mercedes Sport, its a somewhat rare option and comes with a powerful motor.
-- Power lift gate - would not pay extra for this again.
-- Backup camera - part of the poorly designed My Ford Touch, choppy video, lens in bad location, seems to attract dirt.