View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 02:26 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce - Yes, normally it's for the landlord to deal with. However, we rent through a realtor and the owners are short selling the house because they originally couldn't get any renters in here. That's how we were able to get a month to month rental and cheap rent. However, basically they aren't going to fix anything or put any money into the house. So, since everything technically "works", it won't do me any good to ask them to fix the bubbles in the toilet. That's why I was doing it on my own. Now, if it didn't flush at all or go down, then I would definitely have them fix it on their dime. But, since it works and it does go down, without much trouble actually, there is no point in even asking them about repairing it or getting a plumber in here. I don't mind doing handyman work most times and liked working on our old house, so if it's cheap and/or an easy fix, I'm just handling it. I guess technically it could be an issue, but so could leaving it (such as the dishwasher situation).

Michelle - Whoooopsie!!!! The Copper Queen is in Bisbee, AZ. Sorry about that. I got mixed up and cornfuzed. LOL So, disregard everything I said about it unless you are going down to visit southern AZ.

Donna - Trying to keep my head up, but sometimes it's hard. When little things go my way, I want to celebrate them and/or write about them here, but it seems like when I do that, then they go to crap (no offense. LOL). So, it's like it's almost better if I don't say a word about anything going on and then maybe things will pan out. Ya, it sounds completely irrational and stupid, but I don't know what else to do. I keep doing the same things over and over with different locations and keep hitting the same roadblock or just sitting on the "approved list" so to speak. Kinda sucks. So, I hate to sound negative all the time here too, so I basically just stopped talkin' about it. LOL Maybe once something works out, I'll be able to post up in celebration.