View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 AM
ekacpuc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you moose4x4. I do hear a leak somewhere but it isn't the check valve or those hoses (replaced em).

Overhauled the C6 and used a SK6 shift kit so I expected nice firm shifts. I ended up with a almost stock 1-2 shift feel and a nice firm 2-3 shift. I shouldn't have used a N servo with a A lever (stock, imagine that when it feels stock huh?). I shoulda used that A lever (PITA to get pin out anyways) with a R code servo so everything was sorta balanced.

Well I put my transmission in then it snowed and then hit 0 degrees so it was really icy. Today it finally melted and I got to finally romp on it and the 1-2 shift really isn't that bad after all.. A little softer that I prefer but not bad.

Looking back now I reacted a bit rash at the first response. When you read just the first 2 sentences it appears that he isn't even making an attempt to answer my question. I didn't read far enough, just saw " look for whats broken and fix your brakes first". I finally looked at it again and noticed he's helping me trouble shoot my brakes (based on my poorly stated question). Problem was I am aware of what's wrong with my brakes (bad booster), but cannot afford it right now. The brakes work BTW just takes excessive pedal pressure to stop, reminds me of my old 74 jeep with manual drums. I do appologize. Remember everyone has a bad day sometimes and when I read the begining of your question I figured you just wanted to add to it... This whole transmission rebuild has been a nightmare, I'm in over my head and have no resource to ask questions too. The few I've found say "Oh don't waste your time ship it out to be rebuilt", well that isn't realistic for me. I live in Ketchikan Alaska and with shipping and trucking it begins to be too much $.

Anyways turns out you could just take the booster check valve off and suck through it to test, should only flow one way. I replaced mine.. I hoped for a change in shift timing (1-2 shift) and for the booster to work better. Didn't help any though. Next will be the booster (to fix the brakes not the shifting).

I saw that the brakes and the modulator where hooked together and both where not working well so I hoped the check valve would fix both..

Greg