View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Luke76
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha ha! But don't get started on guns unless you really want to get off topic!

I've done a lot of complaining about our Ranger, and my wife has had to put up with a lot of my belly-aching about it, since we bought it from her father, a person of whom I have had some disparaging things to say about his choice of cars (I'll give him one thing, he is a Ford man, but maybe not a very good one). At the time it was the only vehicle we could scrounge up to help us move our stuff from Kansas to Oregon.

However, the truth is it's been a good vehicle and has only gotten me in trouble when I've taken it places it never should have gone. I've used it for off-roading simply because it has the most clearance of the cars we own, and back in my naive days, I used to think: "Hey! This thing is a truck, right? I can go wherever!" But alas two-wheel drive with an empty bed and you definitely can NOT go wherever. That doesn't mean I haven't tried! But I've probably learned to be a better driver because of it. And I've been able to give our local tow companies some good business.

Anyway, we've had some good times with this truck in spite of its shortcomings. One of the first things my friends asked when I bought the F250 was if the Ranger was for sale. But in fact I think I'm going to keep it around for a while longer!

Just so you know I love my Ranger, here are some photos I scrounged up from over the years...

The Ranger is great for carrying large boxes sideways.

It can hold a lot of stuff...

And a lot of models

(Ok, those didn't all come out from the back of my one truck...)

Great for camping on level ground!

Tailgate makes a great secondary kitchen table

You can even drive it in the snow! If you don't mind digging it out of the ditch every few miles...