Old 01-29-2012, 01:42 AM
herojeep
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dead battery, theft light, no start, PATS?

I have not been using my 2000 Excursion, 7.3l, for a few months. I tried to start it and found the battery was dead. I charged them and it started for a second then died. I tried starting it again and the engine just turned over for a few moments then the battery died again.

Just before it started and right after, with the key turned to the ON position all dash lights lit and went away like they were supposed to. After I charged the battery again it won't start. And now none of the dash lights or gauges activate. Only the battery and THEFT light come on. I have tried all three of my keys and nothing works. My guess was the PATS system lost the key programming. But even worst, now AE isn't recognized at all so I can't even get in to the Ex's computer.

I have Auto Enginuity (AE) and tried checking the codes. It had P1260-Theft detected, engine disabled and a half dozen others. I tried to program the keys and after waiting the ten minutes it said my security was invalid or something like that. I called the stealership and they want $105 just to look at reprogramming the keys. Then they will probably tell me the PCM is bad and want $500.

Any ideas on how I can get my truck started without paying to tow my own car to the stealership just to pay them to start my own car?