View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM
whobock
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just did the same conversion on my '65 last month. all of the aftermarket pitman arms that i found had the ball joint made into them. i tried an '80 pitman arm(no ball joint) and it fit(hooray!) but it was "clocked" wrong(ughh!) and wouldnt work. i asked the guy at the parts house why it had a ball joint made on it and no one could tell me.

i finally found one on ebay of all places from a 79 f150 with power steering and it worked. so i would say youre going to have to search and search for a salvage yard that has what your looking for.

now for bad news part 2. my truck also has a late model mustang pump on it. guess what? you are going to have to have the lines made.

i had to get a pressure line for a 75 and a pressure line for 92 mustang. then you find someone that can make lines have them cut the gear box end off the 75 and the pump end off the 92 and have them made into a new line. use the return line from the 75 cause you just clamp the other end on the ford pump. its not that big of a deal once you find someone to make the lines.

do you have the serpentine setup? are you running ac? i have the ac delete bracket and belt for the serpentine set up w/o ac if you need it(with the belt).

know thats not what you wanted to hear but hope that helps. im me or email me if you need more info. whobock@gmail.com ill help all i can. i wanted to pull my hair out before i figured it out so i know where youre at.