View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 PM
60F500
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. The truck looks pretty good, but it's a 30ft truck, you get much closer than that and you can see the rattle can paint job and the rust/bad body work etc. The bed is really nice though and still has some of the cool old pinstriping that a lot of the grain trucks had. The bed is 16ft long. The interior is way above average as well for it's age, but the heater and a few other things don't work.

I just used it today to hall 3,900lbs of demolition trash from my house. It weighs 7,400lbs empty, according to the transfer station scales.
Hauling things associated with my house project is pretty much it's sole use. I'll probably sell it in a year or two when I'm done ripping out the inside and doing dirt work and stuff in the backyard. I thought I'd just use a trailer behind my old Bronco on the house, but that was getting to be way to much work, so I decided I needed a pickup, and bigger is better right?? And with this thing I don't have to shovel stuff twice, the kids love it and it's freaking huge and entertaining to drive around.

I've been doing some reading and what I have is the Fireston RH5 wheels which I think are the bad ones to have. They are two piece and split down the center. I'll make it work for now, but if I keep it long term I'll have to find some diffferent wheels and tires.

Here's some more pics.