Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 AM
DOHC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rangerfan
Dead nuts on there my friend. When the Ranger goes away and my '06 is done I'm going to get a Frontier. My wife also drives Ford's so we can use the same dealer. She will switch to Nissan too.

If I wanted an f150 I wouldve bought one a long time ago.
I don't want an F-150 either .It might be alot of folks will be switching . A Ford spokesman has said consumers will see the F-150 as costing just an additional 20 dollars per month verses the outgoing Ranger. Well,

I am a cash buyer and see the F-150 as too large a truck for my needs and costing somewhere's around 5k more dollars than i want to spend on a vehicle i don't want to own. I start thinking about the Tacoma base truck and find it doesn't have a split bench seat so then , i look and build a Dodge Ram ST and after rebates it comes in at a little over the Tacoma base truck price , is American made and 4-5k less than an F-150 because of incentives.

If i'm thrown into buying a light duty truck , that is alot of gas money difference right from the get go . I never saw myself owning a Dodge but if i can pay 5-6 years of home owners tax via buying a Ram 1500 vs an F-150 , i'll do it to help myself survive in this economy.

I'd rather have the Courier built in Mexico for 11k USD but there's just not many options and i don't want to put a trailer hitch on the family car to go get the occasional bags of concrete , plywood ect .

Ford México | Courier | Fotos, videos, características y colores