View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,596 Likes on 1,301 Posts
Originally Posted by nkenney
Yeah I know I am graduating early I will be going to school but I will have extra money even if I have to pay for the whole thing. I also am even open to charger challengers camaro and all of them. I was thinking about making my expedition nicer but it already has some rust from northern Mi. So decide to get something else to tinker on.
OK, if you are set for school and have cash to burn, then an upgrade might not be a bad idea. First, forget forget a rusty Expedition--or anything rusty. Expeditions are like sand at the beach. Besides, you need a barge like that for school?

Next, what do you really want to drive? SUV, truck, car? Medium or large?

Where are you going to school? Snow country or sun country?

I had a $500 Mustang in school, and it worked fine sun or snow.

As for:

Chargers: Nice car, 4 door, gas hog with big motor.
Challenger: Just as fat and heavy as the Charger, but nice looking car and a little roomy compared to Mustang and Camaro.
Camaro: Based on sitting in one for 30 seconds at the auto show, and looking at them, I'm not a fan of the high sides and short windows. Closed in feeling to follow.
Mustang: Any '05 to present V8 would be a fine ride IMO.

As for trucks, only the Ranger is nominally US in a size other than "Forrestall Class" from Ford. Dakota's are big and gas hogs. 4 cylinder Chev/GMC Colorado/Canyon are, as with all 4 cylinders of that type, a bit gutless and they are, of course, GM products.... Their 5 cylinder is a gas hog.

You want a 4x4?

I'm droning on here, but think about it some more before you lay out any loot. The Expy run ok? Run it into the ground and invest the money--that's an idea.....