View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Super08
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an 07 6.0 and then a 09 6.4. I switched to the 6.2 as I had nothing but problems with the diesels. I pull a fiver that weighs about 13,600 lb loaded. No it does not pull like a diesel does but it does just fine and I can cruise along at 65~70 mph all day without worry. It pulls good on the hills as well and if you look there is a link in one of the threads here where a 6.2 went head to head with a bunch of the diesels in a hill pulling contest and beat a bunch of them. You just need to get used to the higher revs when towing. Mine will pull in OD on the highway just as long as I am not fighting a headwind. If so I am one or two gears down depending on the wind. Towing I am around 8 if I recall and my diesels were both around 9+ so I am burning about 10% more fuel. With being in the far north it is much nicer not to have a diesel in the winter too. My maintenance costs are a shadow of what they were with the diesel. For me the switch was the best thing I have ever done. For you it may be different. All depends on how much you tow, where you tow, etc. Everyone's needs are different. I will say the new truck has car like comfort compared to the older ones. If you do go with the 6.2 and tow heavy go with the 4.30's for the pulling power. If you look in the what do you tow thread there are pictures of my set up on page 6 post 79. Link below.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ur-6-2l-6.html