View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
f250d4x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just unplugging it is good eneough huh........???......well heck. I already cut it. I took the wiring off and took all the covering off so i could see the wires. I needed to clean the connecting ends anyway and also blues,blacks,purples and some reds are to the point of looking like the same color...along with the dirt.

i think i got it all taken care of now. Wiring on my solenoid looks different than yours.I think someone somewhere added/cut/taped on the harness. My main problem that had been causing me grief for a long time no doubt was the plastic connection housing thing that harness plugs into. The two orange wires from my solenoid controlled separate side to the harness and one was not plugging together inside the housing and the other might have been but it was sporadic due to corrosion.

im gonna clean the ends and put it back together.Should be good now.

question though....why would you remove the purple wire from the solenoid....do you not use the solenoid at all in your set up? Wouldnt that be bypassing the solenoid as well?----maybe you dont need it i dunno, just asking.
Also there is a wire that runs off the harness on the right side(left as you look) that runs under the filter and into the covering of the fuel tube of the fuel pump.....what is that?---thanks.