Thread: DRW Vs. SRW
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 PM
BareBones
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The difference between an SRW and DRW tends to be overlooked. Technically, an SRW is rated to tow just a bit MORE than a DRW. However, what can be carried in the bed is a LOT more with the DRW. For instance, my posted payload is just a hair under 6,000 pounds, which is great for carrying stone, cement, black dirt, etc. In contrast, an SRW loaded with a lot of options can have a surprisingly low payload rating.

As to the rear tires experiencing accelerated wear, I haven't seen it, and several people on the boards have posted that they don't even rotate the tires on the rear axle because when the truck is unloaded each rear tire doesn't even have half the weight that the front tires do.

The turning radius of the superduties improved majorly when the front coil springs were phased in. For me, drivability has just never been an issue.

To be fair, I also have other vehicles available, so I tend to only drive my dually when there is a need. For instance, simply to drive to and from a store that is 10 miles away requires two gallons of gas, which is $7. If you're going to buy a ten dollar item, it costs you twice as much!