Thread: DRW Vs. SRW
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
My previous was an 06 250 srw and current is a 08 350 DRW, 5.4 vs V10 (sorry no diesel for comparison). I get 1-1.5mpg less with the dually, but get much better overall capacity. I feel the current truck rides much better than the 06. I had a daily driver car but that was wrecked a few months ago by an awesome driver who couldn't see a parked car on the side of the road . 350 became a daily driver which was fine but I want my good vehicle off the road during the salty winters here. Picked up a cheap used taurus to commute with. Driving isn't any harder with the dually and I know it has the capacity to tow my dump trailer. You are looking to get a big trailer and that should be the the deciding factor on what vehicle you get. Seriously, find a used car to get around in. Let the truck be your need vehicle (towing) and maybe the weekend ride, this is how my setup is. Yea I choose to park in the back of the parking lot, not because I can't park the thing, but because other people are poor drivers.