Thread: V10 Won't start
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Pander
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V10 Won't start

One day i had my 2000 F-350 v10 out in the woods and i attempted to get through a huge puddle, i got stuck in about 3 1/2 feet and when i got out the overdrive light was flashing and it stopped shifting into either over drive or third and fourth gears. So then, a few weeks later (I barely drove the truck because of the tranny issue and i never took it over 35 when i did take it out) the alternator blew and the truck would no longer start even after replacing it. i found a rusty ground and after cleaning it up i was able to start the vehicle again. the starter went after being replaced once already and i got another and the vehicle started right up. when i did have the truck going the rpm's would be all over the place and only after letting it warm up for a while would the truck stay running without giving it gas. So then i was driving it to bring it to a garage so i would have a good place to check it out and it shut down in the middle of the road. i couldnt get it to start even with a jump and when i turn the key it just clicks. i brought it to a mechanic and he told me the motor was seized but then i put a fresh battery in and the engine turned, but didnt start, therefore i don't believe it to be seized. All the mechanic did was put a ratchet to the crank and couldn't turn it, however when the truck was running perfectly i couldn't move the crank by hand either. Another Theory is that something broke off in the tranny and its not allowing the motor to turn over and start. Anyone that could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.