Old 12-02-2003, 07:37 AM
sheltrow
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting-pretty much what is happening here in the Upper Peninsula. People from the cities come up here, buy a chunk of land for nothing, put a mansion on it, drive the land prices up for the locals, push the locals out, and then sit back and run the local politics and make decisions for the poor locals that are left. (Kind of what's has already happened in Eagle River, Wisconsin.) Don't get me wrong - tourism brings money into the area, but if any of you know what's happening up in Tawas you'd think again. I realize Tawas isn't in the Upper Peninsula but that same situation will happen here eventually.

What really cracks me up is the big city people that come here, buy a small chunk of land, then think they own the 100's of acres around it. They put up a mansion in the middle of the woods that has a 6 or 7 mile gravel road to it and then run to the township and bitch that they want the road paved because of the dust. Now the road is paved (which the LOCALS with no money basically paid for) and now they bitch about the traffic on the road.

Crabby this morning so I had to vent!