View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Red Ex
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a lot of research I went with a V/Mod B code spring change and the 4.5" ICON spring hanger kit with a 6" block. I tow a heavy trailer and wanted to be able to handle up to 1300lbs of tongue weight. I also wanted a very good ride (I see you have posted this in another thread). This rides better now than it did stock and handles the travel trailer very well (with WD hitch). Cary with CT Performance Inc set me up with everything I needed. It was not the cheapest way to go but well worth it in my opinion. The only problem I had from the taller block was some axle wrap on hard take-off when towing a 10500lb trailer (the SCT tune puts out lots of power). I installed a OUO traction bar to take care of that. The ICON parts are high quality and fit/installed well. I also went with Cary's valved Bilstien shocks (dual up front), dual steering stabilizer, adjustable track bar, drop pitman, crash bar, etc. I will put some pictures in below and can help answer any specific questions you may have. This thing just glides down the road with no body roll yet does not beat you to death like a lot of the spring lifts.