View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Fleetsuper
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlickYamaha
Hey, I was going to try to remove the Flex Fuel emblem on the tailgate tomorrow, but wasnt sure if its a project I should tackle. Im worried that either when it comes off the paint will be noticeably faded, or that it wont come off clean and I will have glue residue that wont come off....

Anyone taken theirs off? was it pretty easy?

FWIW 2011 F250, purchased in Oct 2011

Thanks!
It shouldn't be an issue at all with the paint being faded with a truck that new and a 2 stage paint.

Most of the time they come off pretty easily with a little heat from a hair dryer and a plastic pry bar. Another way, but helps to have experience doing it before, you can use a thin solid wire and heat the wire and only heat an area as big as the emblem. Place the heated wire behind the emblem, but make sure you keep the wire pulled tight on the back of the emblem and away from the paint and go down with a sawing motion. Sometimes depending on the sticky tape that was used you won't have to saw at all. Always use a couple of layers of good masking tape around the emblem on the paint to protect the paint on the tailgate no matter what method you use.