Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 AM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Pictures FINALLY loaded this morning. Remember boys & girls, do NOT try this at home!!!

Step 1) Go to your nearest local store selling an appropriate type steering wheel cover. I went to K-Mart. You may be able to find this at Wally World also, The Zone, Ches probably has something at Slow Reilly's. Below picture is what I used. Admittedly, Old Rusty does NOT have a Triton (I should be so lucky), but for this, it's okay.

Next, remove the old cover you are replacing. Sorry, no pictures of this step.

After removal, place off to the side. Now in my case, Old Rusty had ANOTHER old worn out lace on type under the first one. See picture below:

I do have pictures of this step.

Start by unlacing the old plastic string around the cover.

Continue unlacing. As you go along you will begin to accumulate more of the old plastic lace.

Once you have the old lace completely removed the next step is to remove the old cover. ** NOTE ** This is very important for a correct job. You don't want to leave the old one on when you install the new one.

Next, set the old worn out cover & plastic lace to the side. You are done with that part except for disposal at the end.

Again, not ALL pictures went through. The next (& last picture will show the end result of this job. To quote the Haynes manual, "installation is the reverse of removal".

Congratulations, you have now successfully replaced your steering wheel cover.!! Relax with the beverage of your choice & admire what you have accomplished.