Thread: LineX Question
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
dbossman
Tuned
Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts
Update

Got another call from LineX corporate today. I give them high marks for trying to follow up on my issue.

He told me the local installer claimed that the only reason he suggested using touch up paint was because I was in a hurry. I told the rep that was entirely untrue.

I am going to meet the rep in person with my truck next week. I am curious to see what he tells me after seeing it in person.

He did tell me that the LineX Xtra is not as tough as the standard black bed liner.

I'm surprised by that. If you read their web site, it actually says multiple times that it is tougher, and offers more protection, etc.

Here's a couple quotes from their web site (LINE-X Sprayon Bedliners, Protective Coatings, Truck Bed Coating, Floor Coating, Industrial Flooring)

"THE TOUGHEST, MOST PROTECTIVE BEDLINER AROUND. NOW IN COLOR.
That’s right. The industry’s premier Spray-On Truck Bedliner is now available in your choice of color. It’s called LINE-X® XTRA, and thanks to DuPont™ KEVLAR® technology, our already tough bedliners just got tougher."

"LINE-X XTRA delivers added protection against cracking, bubbling, peeling and color fading."

"STRONGER PROTECTION
LINE-X XTRA is formulated with DuPont™ KEVLAR®, providing superior protection against scratches, gouges and punctures."

Just got tougher? Added protection? Stronger protection?

Not in my experience.

Again, I look forward to seeing what the Rep has to say when he sees it in person.

Tim