View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Super79CS
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

ey 79 Crewcab,

was Google-ing info on this sort of swap and ran across this thread. I love what you have done so far. I have a 79 Supercab I would like to do the same to. I had a 96 F250 Diesel that I knew inside and out, and i traded it for the 79 with the notion that I would drop a Cummins into it. Little did I know (failure to do my homework on my part) that the Cummins/Dodge pickup chassis/engines was quite the commodity in my area and hard to come by at a reasonable price. but of course, I can by a complete PS Truck for dime a dozen around here, and this thread was really inspiring, as i was beginning to doubt my decision to go old...Plus I have never seen another PS swap...

I haven't gone out and bought my donor truck yet, and I was wondering if you had any pointers on what to look for? I was thinking a 95-97ish Crew cab chassis, as they come standard with the D60 front axle, and I can shorten the frame. Being that my truck is a Supercab, and already a big block, I figured it wouldn't be too hard. I already see issues, though, with the factory AC

Any other hurdles you ran across (besides obvious wiring, fitment, etc) that I need to watch out for that you haven't mentioned here?

Can't wait to see some more progress pictures. Good luck!